The best shape for your living room should be a regular shape, either a square or a rectangle. If your only option is an L shaped or irregular shape you must fill in this space to complete a well maintained Feng Shui room. You can do this by adding “more space” with mirrors.
Feng Shui Tips for Your Living Room:
- Utilize the elements, water, fire, metal, earth and wood in the corners of the room. You don’t have to use all of them within the space, just a symbol in the area will work fine. For example, the water element that is located in the South will support your career.
- When you have corners that protrude into the room, add tall plants to diffuse this negative energy.
- Check out your artwork to make sure that it is a symbol of positive energy. You wouldn’t want a picture of a large, aggressive animal in this space as it would sublimely create discomfort in the room.
- Lighting is very important to keep a “yang” energy with in the room to keep conversations lively.
- If you are looking to bring more wealth into your home, this is the space to work the Feng Shui magic. Place items that symbolize wealth coming into your home in the far left hand corner of the space. Combine the color of purple in your décor and it will also enhance the prosperity in this same space.
- You can also place the colors of the elements, red (fire), blue (water), green (wood) yellow (earth), silver (metal) within your décor on a coffee table. You can easily add these colors with candles on a tray or colored glass in a bowl.
If you enjoyed this article and would like more tips, please connect with me on my Facebook page here.