Friday, February 13, 2009

How Safe are your Personal & Professional Relationships?

Yvonne Phillips FSII

Feng Shui offers direction and guidance to support your ongoing relationships. We have the opportunity to interact with people every day. However, most people don’t pay close attention to their relationships until there is a crisis. Are you looking around to see how your true relationships are with your clients, family members or significant other?

After time relationships often become passive and you assume that just because you have had a business or personal relationship, it will go on forever. Perhaps you have heard of the law of attraction that states that you attract to you exactly what you have in your life. So for example, your business relationship has always been good with your top customer yet this week another consultant visits your client and insists that, “I can do a much better job and at a Lower Price.” In this economy, is your customer going to be loyal to an established partner or are they going to listen to what this new consultant has to say?

I have worked for many large corporations and believe me if, a company really wants your business they will do everything that they can to get it. They might offer more perks for you and your customers and best of all, lower fees. If you are a university, you could be offered new score boards on your campus or a new dining facility. Now does this get your attention?

When you are proactively engaging in ongoing communication and always looking out for the best interest of your customers, this type of scenario can result in a positive outcome for you. Your customer might mention that he was visited by another consultant who offered him lower fees, new score boards, new dining halls, however, due to your history with the company and relationship as a trusted advisor your business with them isn’t threatened. Over the years you have nurtured the relationship progressively positioning your customer in the market.

I haven’t mentioned the personal relationships, but they too run the same way. We all go day to day to depend on our partners, but when do we give them the respect and the honor that they deserve? Is it saved for Valentine’s Day? How about the other 364 days of the year. I am very fortunate in that I have this type of relationship where my spouse will bring me a cup of tea, just because! He is very consistent with this and happy to do this for me. What do I do for him? I bake him his favorite cookies, his favorite cheesecake for his birthday and I also pay attention to how he walks in the door from work each day. I respond accordingly and if he is down, I try to help bring about a change and a relaxation to his demeanor. The majority of this is done very easily. My home and offices are all Feng Shui compliant. I believe we all deserve peace and calmness around us and when we walk into our home, we just automatically start relaxing our shoulders and shake off the stress of the day. That, my friend, is what a Feng Shui analysis can do for all of you!

Yvonne is available for consultations, mentoring and speaking engagements. She can be reached at Yvonnephillips1@aol.com

No comments: